Research Question, Hypothesis, and Approach
[WLOs: 3, 4] [CLOs: 1, 4, 5]
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, review the feedback on your Week 1 paper, sections 1.2, 1.3, and 2.1 in the Newman (2016) textbook, and view the following videos: Picking Your Topic IS Research (Links to an external site.) tutorial from the Ashford University Library, as well as Writing a Research Question (Links to an external site.), and Research Questions, Hypothesis, and Variables (Links to an external site.).
In this assignment, you will follow up on the Week 1 assignment by devising a specific research question and hypothesis statement for your topic. For this assignment, use the Week 2 Assignment Template provided.
Using the Week 2 Assignment Template, complete the following:
- Devise a specific research question on an aspect of the topic selected in Week 1.
- Formulate a testable research hypothesis.
- Identify the research design category you believe is suitable for investigating your research question.
- Explain why this research design category is an appropriate choice.
Support your choices and explanation with citations from the textbook and at least one scholarly/peer-reviewed source from the Ashford University Library. You can find suitable journal articles about specific research designs and methods in the Research Methods research guide.
The Research Question, Hypothesis, and Approach paper
- Must use the provided Week 2 Assignment Template.
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must use at least 1 scholarly/peer-reviewed source in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style (Links to an external site.) as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)’s Citing Within Your Paper