In this assignment, you will propose the research topic pertinent to US History from Reconstruction (1865) to the present you would like to investigate this term in a brief, 1 – 2 page (300 – 500 word) essay.
The purpose of this assignment is to decide what you want to write about and to receive guidance on how to focus your topic and make it something that you are able to examine in depth in an argumentative, historical research paper of 5 – 7 pages (1250 – 1750 words) in length.
- Review the “How to Study History” in the eTextFIRST.
- Then in proper essay format, begin by describing your topic in a sentence or two and how it relates to US History from Reconstruction to the present.
- Discuss what sources you think you might find and where (200 – 400 words).
- Describe what argument or arguments you think you might be able to make about this topic.
- Finally, describe any difficulties you have encountered or anticipate encountering with this project.
- Make sure you format your essay using the proper format for your selected style (MLA, APA, or Chicago Style for Humanities) including margins, spacing, heading requirements, title, etc. Please don’t forget you name!
- Submit your Research Topic and Proposal Essay to the appropriate Assignment folder by the due date on the Course Schedule in .docx or .rtf format (No PDFs).