For the course project, you will need to develop an organizational analysis for an NPO of your choice. Select a local NPO to which you can gain access to administrators.
An organizational analysis is an internal audit that assesses various components (such as personnel and finances) of a business that may be improved for organizational growth and change.
This assignment will consist of a multi-step process involving the following components:
- Assessment of the internal environment of the NPO, that is who works for the NPO, how is it governed, what does its routine operation consist of?
- Identification of any legal, regulatory, and ethical issues the NPO may face.
- Description of the roles and responsibilities of all key personnel, including board of directors and volunteers.
- Assessment of any quality issues (including liabilities or risks) that may be encountered during daily operations.
- A set of recommendations for organizational change, including a timeline and target goals, to be carried out by key management.