Watch movie “From the Manger to the Cross” link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-y-81BMLA4
Write at least 3.5 pages total paper answering the following questions.
1. What is the first word that comes to your mind with this film? Why?
2. Discuss one detail about From the Manger to the Cross (1912) besides how it portrays Jesus
3. Discuss how the movie portrays Jesus.
1. Did the movie harmonize the Gospels or use an alternative trajectory to create its story?
2. What materials were added to tell the Jesus story?
3. What was the audience for this movie?
4. What special effects were employed?
5. How did the setting of the movie reflect life during the lifetime of Jesus?
6. How did the setting of the movie reflect the time it was produced?
7. Who were some of the supporting cast and how would you rate their performances?
Jesus in the Movie
1. How do you feel about how Jesus was depicted physically?
2. How did the movie characterize Jesus?
3. What ideas about Jesus did the movie attempt to convey?
4. How did the movie’s image and teachings of Jesus compare and contrast with these things in the biblical Gospels?