locate an interesting topic on risk, a model, framework, some approach to minimizing risk, etc. Here are some pointers that will help critically evaluate some viable topics:
- Is the topic attainable for a first-time dissertation student
- Is the problem rooted in the literature?
- Is the research empirical, i.e., is there a survey, is there an interview guide, has the data been analyzed via some statistical tool?
- Is there a theoretical model or framework discussed?
Discuss the topic, the problem the model has been used in the research, and any present findings.
- Provide an outside source (for example, an article from the UC Library) that applies to the topic, along with additional information about the topic or the source (please cite properly in APA)