In the Online Nursing Orientation resource module you were introduced to our graduate nursing certification success platform â€“ the â€˜3
Vsâ€™ â€“ â€˜Vision, Value, Victoryâ€™. For those of you who also completed their graduate nursing theory and research courses in our program additional information was conveyed about our certification success framework.
Certification success thinking starts with your â€˜visionâ€™ to enter the program. Through the â€˜3 Vsâ€™ we hope to focus studentsâ€™ thoughts about the â€˜valueâ€™ that each course in the program brings to movement toward certification success. And â€˜victoryâ€™ comes with success is achieved by success on planned certification exams.
Other â€˜modelsâ€™ that have the potential to impact your perspective on the â€˜valueâ€™ of your course work have been provided for those of you who completed theory and research as a part of our program. Another model is examined in this course.
First utilized in the 1920s and often viewed as a model to view/guide process improvement model is the PDSA model (Plan, Do, Study, Act). The model parallels the tenants of action research in education and can be used to guide development of treatment plans for patients (or self) as well.
One of the aims of the â€˜3 Vsâ€™ is to convey how â€˜modelsâ€™ thinking contributes to the development of your critical decision making processes. Here we will apply the PDSA model to what may be an everyday circumstance. Our goal, however, is that you gain an understanding of the value of models and come to see them as a part of your everyday decision making rather than as nebulous ideology.
In this unit you will be reading about complementary, alternative and integrative health care approaches.
Review information about those therapies on the NCCIH website accessed through the link below.
Please develop a discussion that responds to each of the following prompts. Where appropriate your discussion needs to be supported by scholarly resources. Be sure to include in-text citations in the context of the discussion and provide a full reference citation at the end of the discussion.
- From your review of the NCCIH website you know that about 30% of adults engage with health care modalities not typically considered part of the conventional medical care model.
- The likelihood exists that either you or someone you know has utilized complementary, alternative or integrative health care modalities.
- Reflect on one of those non-conventional modalities that you have experience with.
- Construct a discussion of that experience utilizing the PDSA model schemata.
- Support elements of the â€˜Planâ€™ aspect with appropriate information from scholarly resources.
- Compare the â€˜Studyâ€™ aspect with findings from scholarly resources.
During this advanced health assessment course, remember the vision is to become an advanced practice, certified nurse – as a NE, NL, or NP,. Keep that goal in the forefront of your mind during this course. We will be looking deeper into health assessment, health promotion, and health prevention. Read the article Improving Healthcare by Embracing Systems TheoryLinks to an external site..
In your future advanced practice role, you will be managing integral processes in the health care system.
- With an understanding of Systems Theory, describe how you will be able to impact an identified system problem in the health care system from your soon-to-be advanced practice registered nurse role.
1 SOURCE PER DISCUSSION