PLEASE FILL OUT THE TEMPLATE
- Identify a friend, peer, or family member you can interview.
- Collect information to construct a complete and comprehensive subjective data set consistent with documentation requirements for a new patient scheduled for an annual wellness exam.
- Conduct an interview.
The files below are what you need for this assignment. Please read the case study first and then fill in the template. Please read rubric as well! Thank you!!
Healthcare Economics Case Study Rubric:
PSLOs: 1, 3, 4, 5, 6; CSLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4
Directions: Complete the case study below by answering each question in Part A and B. Utilize a minimum of
two scholarly resources to support responses to Part A of the case study. For Part B use the
Personnel_Budget_Case_Study_Worksheet.xlsx provided in Canvas to make calculations based on the
instructions and compile your responses into one document for parts A and B. The assignment does not
require a formal written paper; however, an APA style title page with running head and reference page are
required. Answers may be recorded as Part A 1.), 2.), and 3.). Part B 1.), 2.), etc.
Scenario: Mary Jane Smith has recently accepted a position as nurse manager on 1 West, a medical surgical
nursing unit at Mercy Hospital Center.
1. Identify the nursing-sensitive indicators Mary Jane should consider in making staffing decisions.
2. Discuss how nursing-sensitive indicator data can be utilized to enhance safety and quality of patient care.
3. Discuss the relationship between nurse staffing and two of the following: urinary tract infections,
pneumonia, upper gastrointestinal bleeding, shock, or length of stay.
Mary Jane has been asked by the Chief Nursing Officer to prepare a personnel budget for the coming fiscal
year. Mary Jane has collected the following information in addition to what she has determined based on
nursing-sensitive indicator data discussed in Part A.
Average Daily Census 28
Unit Capacity 30
Average Nursing HPPD (Hours Per Patient Day) 8.8
Total Care Hours 96,360
Total Hours/employee/year 2,080
Average Salary per Employee Category
Nurseâ€™s Aide $12.00/hour
1. Calculate the number of full-time equivalents (FTEs) that would be needed. Show your calculations.
2. Explain Nursing HPPD. How would the acuity of the unit affect Nursing HPPD?
3. Explain how diagnosis related groups (DRG’s) and Case Mix Index (CMI) affects hours per patient day.
4. Review the staffing plan for last year. What outcomes would you use to evaluate this staffing plan? Based
on this data, would you recommend any changes for the upcoming year?
5. Briefly in 2-3 paragraphs summarize possible barriers a unit manager may encounter in implementing a
Attached are the files that you need. Please follow the rubric for examples and I also included an example essay use to create this case study.
For this assignment you are to write a oneâ€“ three page reflection on a case study from any of the webpages below. For this reflection you must complete the following:
1)Briefly summarize the situation presented in the case and describe what specific actions were taken to achieve change.
2)What strategies were used to develop leadership skills and build community?
3)Discuss the ways that you could use these actions in your current or future social work practice as a generalist practitioner who recognizes that many individual problems are rooted in social problems, but also confronts and organizes to change those social problems.
Be sure to organize your paper using headings and include both an introduction and conclusion. Finally, follow proper APA format.