Learning outcomes assessed:
At the end of a module students will be expected to be able to:
1. Critically evaluate the contemporary problems and challenges facing global supply chain management and logistics.
2. Analyse and discuss current theories and best practice for successful management of complex international supply chains.
3. Critically examine the concepts of managing transportation, inventory, resource scheduling and data flows that are critical to customer satisfaction and that create a global competitive advantage.
4. Compare and reflect on the different ranges of relationships, both internally and externally with suppliers, partners and outsource providers, across the whole spectrum of global supply chain logistics management.
Academic Misconduct Ring
you understand the policy and regulations about academic misconduct. You must:
• Complete this work alone except where required or allowed by this assignment briefing paper and ensure it has not been written or composed by or with the assistance of any other person.
• Make sure all sentences or passages quoted from other people’s work in this assignment (with or without trivial changes) are in quotation marks, and are specifically acknowledged by reference to the author, work and page.
In a Portfolio you are required to write a 3,000-word Report that critically evaluates a major global operating FTSE-100 company´s Supply Chain management activities and practices.
Your Report should cover the following areas:
1. A critical analysis of at least four key contemporary problems and challenges facing a major FTSE-100 organisation of your choice operating a global supply chain and logistic network (LO1).
2. Reflecting on current global Supply Chain Management best theories and practice, you are required to critically analyse and discuss how your chosen organisation manages its supply chain within the context of the challenges it is facing (LO2).
3. Bearing in mind the need for your organisation to sustain and enhance its competitive advantage, critically assess the operational deployment of its supply chain strategy in relation to transportation, inventory, resource scheduling and data flows activities (LO3).
Task 2: Reflective Commentary
As an Appendix within your Portfolio, you are required to complete a reflective commentary to address Learning Outcome #4, namely: “Compare and reflect on the different ranges of relationships, both internally and externally with suppliers, partners and outsource provider, across the whole section of global supply chain logistics management”
Taking into account the whole spectrum of global supply chain and logistics management, compare and reflect on your organisation´s different ranges of relationships, both internally and externally with suppliers, partners and outsourcing providers (LO4).